Thursday, September 8, 2011

Where was God on 9/11/2001?

All I have been reading in the paper and hearing on the news this week, is the coverage of the upcoming  10th anniversary of 9/11. News is even playing again the actual footage and interviewing those who survived. 9/11. That is all we have to say and everyone knows what that means. If I were to do a survey, I bet everyone could tell me in a second what they were doing when they heard the news.  I was watching Good Morning America when they broke in live. I was in the kitchen washing dishes and watching it on my little TV. I just stood there in disbelief. The more I watched the worse it got. How did terrorists take over so many planes in such a short period. Are we going to continue to let terrorists take what freedoms we have left?  God where are you? We need you.

He is where He always is, on His Throne. How could He sit there and cause something so awful to happen to good people? It makes no sense. Right?

He didn't cause this to happen. He allowed it to perhaps because we have taken Him out of everything else. We took Him out of the schools, took His commandments and threw them out of Goverment buildings like they were trash. Trying to get "One Nation under God" out of the Pledge of Alligance, and even wanting "In God we Trust" off the money we spend.  A new book that came out this past Christmas titled "Charlie Brown's Christmas" left out the part where Linus tells what the true meaning of Christmas is. People tried a few years ago to make it Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. They were afraid they would offend someone or their religion. What is Merry Xmas? I'm sure I could go on and on.

God will eventually get our attention if we continue to leave Him out of everything. You think 9/11 could have been one of those occassions? Think about the wars it has caused in the last 10 years. It reminds me that Freedom is NOT FREE; it is bought and paid for by the blood of those who chose to lay their life down for our country. Wars have been going on for years.

It reminds me that our TRUE freedom comes from God whose Son Jesus shed His blood long ago on a hill called Calvery on a cruel cross beaten and mocked so that we might be free, free indeed.

9/11 falls on a Sunday this year. My prayer is that those who can be in church be there down on your knees thanking God for all He has done and the sacifrice He made all those years ago giving up His only Son for a freedom we could never pay back.

Remember the old hymn, "Have Faith in God, He's on His throne; Have faith in God, He watches o'er His own; He cannot fail, He must prevail; Have faith in God, have faith in God".

Blessings,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment